Senin, 23 Juli 2012

Edit

Not Bad, Sarah...


“Not Bad, Sarah...” –said Nigel Vickers

Last Saturday, I got my turn in practicing IELTS Speaking Test with my British teacher. Every speaking practice section, we discuss some topics with other students related to IELTS Speaking test and one of students will practice directly with Nigel, our teacher. That day, was my turn. We discussed some topics he chose for me, well it did not spent much time in our conversation, but, FYI, in IELTS speaking test, the conversation must be an academic based (alias nggak boleh ngawur). Including its vocabs.. After my practice with Nigel, he told me that I was not bad, in other words he didn’t say I was good nor I was bad.. Not bad, what does it mean?

“Not bad, Sarah (baca:shera), I give you band 6.. What score do you need?”
“Actually my target is 7 but 6.5 is enough..”

I was quite surprise with score he gave me because I thought I just could reach band score 5.0 in my practice with him.. Well, 6.0 is a good beginning to reach my target.. he told me that I was lack in speaking about “topic-related vocabs”, also your writing! Keep it up! kinda lil difficult to shout topic related vocabs in IELTS test standard loh.. IMO sih yaa.. Only one point more, Sarah.. I keen on more excited.. Thanks for the evaluation, Nigel :)

Another evaluation came today which was my Probation day after accepted working in my current office for three months.. My assistant manager, manager (an Indian) and I enjoyed our discussion about what I have done in the company, my expectations, my goals and everything. Overall, I got a good score, above average and this will be a good beginning for me, Alhamdulillah.. since these past two months, I engage with a brand tracking project -a new and the first brand tracking project which is handled by my company- which drives me crazy! How can I not be crazy? This project causes me going home late, till morning (actually time to Cinderella going home :p), working in Saturday and Sunday for weeks (too much things to be written tho)! So tough! Actually I still under being supervised in this project and learned lots of new things.. I learned a lot from this company and its people even though every thing must be followed by good and bad.. Take it easy, take it relax, life is like a river, just flow it :)

Anyway, Alhamdulillah people know me well and I hope the evaluation can make be a better person, in both my performance and capabilities.. Our plan is good but God’s plan is best =)

2 komentar: